Neil Brown, MD PhD FRCS(C) FACS FAANS
Dr. Neil Brown is a board-certified neurosurgeon and a member of numerous prestigious medical societies. He specializes in surgical disorders of the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves as well as minimally-invasive surgery of the spine at Alexander Orthopaedic Associations.
Postgraduate Medical Education and Academic Career
Dr. Brown achieved his HBSc in Applied Mathematics at Western University in London, Ontario, followed by an MSc in Physics at McGill University in Montreal, Quebec. Dr. Brown returned to Western University where he was educated in a combined MD-PhD program in Medical Biophysics before completing a neurosurgical residency training program in the world-renowned center at Western. Dr. Brown completed additional training with emphasis on spinal instrumentation at Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix prior to practicing in the United States.
Dr. Neil Brown’s Specialties
Dr. Brown treats a variety of cranial and spinal conditions, including cranial trauma, tumors, vascular conditions and hydrocephalus, as well trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm. He also treat spinal trauma, tumors, peripheral nerve conditions, as well as degenerative spinal conditions including spinal stenosis, disc herniations, discogenic pain and more.
At Alexander Orthopaedics, Dr. Brown offers myriad cranial and spinal surgical procedures, such as conventional microdiscectomy and instrumented fusions, cervical fusions, artificial cervical disc placements and more. Dr. Brown specializes in minimally-invasive approaches in lumbar spine procedures.
Dr. Brown’s educational background in applied mathematics and physics coupled with clinical training in neurosurgery provides the unique opportunity to address both clinical and biomechanical causation of injuries. He strives to spend more time with patients to provide optimal education of their treatment options.
Dr. Neil Brown’s Orthopaedic and Medical Memberships
- American Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
- Broward County Medical Association
- Neurosurgical and Spine
- Joint Sections AANS/CNS: Cerebrovascular
- Canadian Neurosurgical Society
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Illinois Neurosurgical Society
- Joint Section AANA/CNS: Neurotrauma & Critical Care
- North American Spine Society
- California Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Western Neurosurgical Society
- American College of Spine Surgery
- Florida Neurosurgical Society
- International Spine Intervention Society
- Joint Section AANS/CNS: Spine & Peripheral Nerve
- International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- Southern Neurosurgical Society
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
- American Board of Spine Surgery
- American Society of Biomechanics